Monday, March 23, 2009

You were like a dream

You were like a dream
You came and leave at the blink of an eye
Just like a dream..
While I was deeply taking a breath
You disappeared into the thin air and vanished forever
You brought memories that cannot be replaced.

I never knew there would be a better tomorrow
But you've come into my life and taken away all my sorrow
My days of sadness are a thing of the past
My days of emptiness are gone for good
Because you fill a void in my heart that you should
You've opened a window
You've shown me the light.

You have come to me from a distant land
Dreamer of dreams, to fill my hearts desire
Sweet music flowing from your nimble hand
That plays within... to light my passion's fire
A symphony of word and thought you bring.
Excitement builds upon crescendo's sound
Brought forth in tones to make my light heart sing
For all the beauty that, with you, I've found.

A life is changed in just an instant's time
All darkness fled before that brilliant sun
That shines from spoken words of softest rhyme
And speaks of treasures, only just begun.
This mystic meeting gives my heart a glow
That few have seen and only you will know.

A candy-colored clown they call the sandman
Tiptoes to my room every night
Just to sprinkle star dust and to whisper
"Go to sleep, everything is all right."
I close my eyes then I drift away
Into the magical night, I softly say
A silent prayer like dreamers do
Then I fall asleep to dream of you.

In dreams I strolled with you by the seaside to see the horizon
In dreams I talk to you about everything
In dreams you're mine all the time
We're together in dreams, in dreams.
But just before the dawn
I awake and find you gone
I can't help it, I can't help it if I cry
I remember that you said goodbye.

It only happens in my dreams
Only in dreams
In my beautiful dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment